Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Day Specials and an AwEsOmE Pumpkin Soup Recipe!

Happy Thanksgiving Day!!!  I am hosting my first Thanksgiving in almost 10 years so I hope I don't mess up the Turkey (or my husband's favorite stuffing!)!  So if you guys could send me some good Turkey mojo that would be great!:)

However, I did make an AmAzInG Curried Pumpkin Soup last night - if I do say so myself:)!  No seriously I think it is going to be my new Thanksgiving Eve traditional menu item!  I have posted the recipe at the bottom in case you want to make it - yummmmmmmmmmmm!

I also wanted to post a couple Thanksgiving Day Specials for all you guys who want to start your Black Friday shopping early!  So without further delay - here they are:


Sterling Silver Mother's Pendant - regulary $125 today $100!  I love this with the kids name around it, but a quote or saying looks great too!

Monogrammed Bucket with Bottle Top Opener - regularly $38 today $30!  This is a great gift for a couple!  I use this for all my entertaining - I like to use it as an ice bucket!  It is heat sealed so it doesn't leak and the monogram makes it looks so cute!
Monogrammed Fleece Blanket - regulary $30 today $20!  A great cozy gift for a family! I  have one (of course) with "The Beckers" written in turquoise and I love curling up in front of the TV with it!  AND it looks great draped over the back of my couch.  I think it would be great for a little or teenager girl too!

Merry Christmas Y'all T-shirt - regulary $24.95 today $20!  How cute is this shirt to get you in the Christmas spirit?!?!

We will be open tomorrow with even more Black Friday specials in the store!  I will be working all day and hope to see you guys!

Happy Thanksgiving!




p.s. - Here's the Curried Pumpkin Soup Recipe
1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tbsps butter
2 tbsps all-purpose flour
1/2 to 1 tsp curry powder
3 cups vegetable broth
1 can (15 oz) solid pack pumpkin
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
Minced chives, optional

In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter until tender.  Stir in the flour and curry powder until blended.  Gradually add the broth.  Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.  Add the pumpkin, milk, honey, salt, pepper and nutmeg; heat through.  Garnish with chives if desired.

Yield: 7 servings